This Day in History: August 14th, 1908

This Day in History: August 14th, 1908

BOROUGH HALL FOR MILLTOWN


The regular monthly meeting of the Miltown Borough Council was held last evening, and the regular routine business ensued. An ordinance was introduced for the establishment of a grade on New and Riva avenues, and Church street. It was also decided to convert the vacated school house on Main street Into a Borough Hall, so that Milltown won’t be so far behind her sister borough. South River, after all.


The Public Service Railway Co. Is to make repairs to the streets in the borough under the direction of the borough street commissioner. With the payment of a few bills, council adjourned.